Whether you need to buy, manage or transfer your domains, E-mpower.IT have the knowledge and experience to provide a seamless experience.
Do you own your own domain name for your company name? Are you aware of the different variations available other than .com, .co.uk and .net?
Are you looking for a particular name but cannot find who currently holds it?
E-mpower.IT have many years experience in dealing with domains and all the support that is needed to host, move and purchase them.
E-mpower.IT – end to end Cloud services for business
What is DNS Backup?
DNS Backup from E-mpower can provide a smoother experience for your website's users, by placing a copy of your domain's details on a second DNS server.
It is considered good practice to host your domain details on a minimum of two DNS servers. This means that if the primary server fails or is busy, the domain lookup is passed to the secondary backup DNS server, and your details are found. DNS backup can provide a smoother experience for your users.
How can E-mpower.it help with DNS backup?
Customers hosting their DNS with us automatically have their details held on two DNS servers, located in different geographical locations. For mission-critical sites and services, we can also provide a tertiary (third) DNS server, ensuring you can always be located by your users. If your current DNS provider uses only one DNS Server, then E-mpower.it are able to provide a secondary backup DNS server for your domain details, ensuring high availability for your sites and services. Whether you're based in Sussex or further afield, we can manage your servers, keep your site up, and make your users happy.
I have a domain name, now what?
DNS Hosting from E-mpower sets up the details of your domain name on a DNS server so that people browsing the internet can find your website.
Now that you have registered your domain name, you’ll need to ‘host’ it. This means that your domain name and all related details need to be setup on a DNS Server, allowing internet users to lookup your domain name details. E-mpower.it own and manage their own set of DNS Servers, allowing you to have complete control over your Domain.
I'm hosting elsewhere...
Your domain name records can be quickly and easily transferred across to our resilient DNS Servers – usually with no costs, making day to day management that much easier! Call us today for more details – 01444 250404.
What is a domain name?
Domain Registration from E-mpower secures the domain name of your choice so that no-one else can register or use it.
A domain name is the name you type into the address bar of a browser (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox) to get to a site on the web. For example: bbc.co.uk, youtube.com and e-mpower.it are all domain names.
What does it mean to register a domain name?
To maintain order on the internet, and to ensure that no two people ever own the same domain name, there is a central registry of all domain names maintained by ICANN (The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers). In order for you to own your domain name, your name and business information must be added to ICANN's database. This process is called registering a domain name. Only ICANN approved registrars (such as E-mpower.it) can register your domain name.
How can E-mpower.it help?
E-mpower.IT are an approved registrar, and we maintain our own DNS servers. This means that we can give you complete control over your domain name, and make any necessary modifications as and when required.
Terms & Conditions
Please contact E-mpower.IT Ltd using one of the contact methods below, outside of office hours please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will to respond to all points of contact within 1 business day and aim to resolve any issues you have within 5 business days.
Contact Details: Office Address: Suite J KBF House 55 Victoria Road Burgess Hill West Sussex RH15 9LH
e: email@example.com t: 01444-250404 f: 01444 250405
Domain Name System (DNS)
E-mpower.IT Ltd maintains its own DNS servers. When you register or re-register a domain name through us, the DNS hosting service to support your domain name is provided free of charge, which includes modifications to the domain name records as required.
If you wish to raise a complaint about abuse you have received (phishing scams, spam emails etc), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with as much detail about the abuse. We will investigate your complaint immediately.
If you wish to make a complaint in relation to the management of your domain name by E-mpower.IT Ltd, please submit an email to us at email@example.com including as much detail about the issue you have. We will acknowledge your complaint within 1 business day and aim to resolve any issues within 5 business days.
If you’re not happy with the initial outcome of your complaint and its resolution regarding your .uk domain name, please feel free to escalate your issue to Nominet (the .uk registry) here: http://www.nominet.org.uk/disputes/complaining-about-registrar/complaints-procedure
Key Terms of the Contract
• T&C’s for .UK registrants including Nominets domain name registration T&C’s: http://www.nominet.org.uk/uk-domain-names/registering-uk-domain/legal-details/terms-and-conditions-domain-name-registration
Renewal, Expiry & Transfers
• All domains are renewed on an annual basis unless otherwise stated.
• send out invoices 60 days prior to your domain name expiring.
• The invoice will be sent to the email address on the account
• it is the registrants responsibility to make sure their contact details are up to date.
• Renewal of a domain name implies that you agree with the registrant terms & conditions (see above) current at the time of renewal.
• If you do not wish to renew a domain please make sure you contact us a minimum of 35 days before your domain expires by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Unless requests to the contrary are received, all domains are renewed automatically approximately 30 days before the domain name expires.
If you request that you no longer wish to have your domain name renewed by us, it will be left to expire and all services provided regarding that domain name will be suspended.
• Your domain name will then go into a 30 day protected period
• after 30 days your domain will be suspended by Nominet and it will go into a 60 day grace period. If you change your mind and still wanted to retain your domain name, you still can and at the original renewal price. This must be requested by email before the 80th day after your domain has expired,
• after 90 days your domain will be cancelled and deleted from the register and made available for resale through a third party registrar by Nominet. E-mpower.IT will not guarantee the renewal of a domain name after this happens.
If you no longer wish to carry on with your contract with E-mpower.IT, please email us at email@example.com no less than 30 days before your services are due to be renewed.
• E-mpower.IT will not charge you for transferring a domain(s) away to another registrar’s tag.
• The customer acknowledges that termination of the agreement for any reason will result in E-mpower.IT ceasing to provide the associated services, with the consequences that flow from such cessation, including (but not limited to), the domain name services, deletion of data e.g. hosting account(s) and mail boxes.
Contact us today 01444 250 404 / firstname.lastname@example.org